Skip to main content

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL




TUESDAY, AUGUST 27TH 2024


HAVE NO FEAR OF DEATH


The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death (1 Corinthians 15:26).


PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME 


There’s a distinction that I’d like you to observe in Paul’s expression in the theme verse. It’s the fact that he didn’t say, “The last enemy that shall be defeated is death.” Rather, he used the word “destroyed”; this is because death has been defeated, but not yet extirpated.


Since this is the case, why then are many still afraid of death? Hebrews 2:14-15 provides a solution: "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage."


The Lord Jesus, through His vicarious death, rendered the devil (who once had the power of death) powerless, effectively abolishing his authority and ability to kill. So, Satan doesn’t have that power anymore. What does he do now? He employs his deceptive strategies and makes people afraid. Fear is why many are subject to death; it puts people in bondage; it makes them tremble and refuse to do what they should do.


But thanks be unto God; Jesus delivered humanity from death completely. You have to come to that place in your Christian life where you have no fear of death; where you lose your fears. Jesus has the keys of hell and of death; He has authority over death so there’s nothing to fear anymore. Read His reassuring words: “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death” (Revelation 1:18).


In John 5:24, He said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." You’ve passed from death to life. You’re in the arena of life. This isn’t a promise. Physical death is the result of spiritual death. If there is no spiritual death in you, there ought not to be physical death in you.


John reiterated the same words in his epistle when he said, "We know that we have passed from death unto life..." (1 John 3:14). Hallelujah! Always remember, the devil has nothing in you—no death, sickness, weakness, or feebleness—in you just like Jesus said in John 14:30: "Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me."


            PRAYER 


Blessed be God for the victory over death that we have in Christ. The life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of Jesus Christ my Lord, who loved me and gave Himself for me! I live fearlessly, knowing that I have passed from death to life. The God-life in me makes me supernatural and impregnable to sickness, disease, failure, death and the devil. Hallelujah!


FURTHER STUDY


Romans 8:35-39; Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Hebrews 2:14-15 AMPC; Since, therefore, [these His] children share in flesh and blood [in the physical nature of human beings], He [Himself] in a similar manner partook of the same [nature], that by [going through] death He might bring to nought and make of no effect him who had the power of death—that is, the devil—15 And also that He might deliver and completely set free all those who through the [haunting] fear of death were held in bondage throughout the whole course of their lives. 16 For, as we all know, He [Christ] did not take hold of angels [[a]the fallen angels, to give them a helping and delivering hand], but He did take hold of [[b]the fallen] descendants of Abraham [to reach out to them a helping and delivering hand].


John 5:24 AMPC  I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, the person whose ears are open to My words [who listens to My message] and believes and trusts in and clings to and relies on Him Who sent Me has (possesses now) eternal life. And he does not come into judgment [does not incur sentence of judgment, will not come under condemnation], but he has already passed over out of death into life.


1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

1 Corinthians 11:2-34; Psalms 142-145

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Colossians 3:12-25; Jeremiah 13

Click on the link below to study yesterday's Rhapsody of Realities 

👇👇👇

https://thekingsnation20.blogspot.com/2024/08/rhapsody-of-realities-daily-devotional_31.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor Biodun Lawal tells a story.

  JESUS CALLED ME! My name is Pastor Biodun Lawal. I am the zonal pastor of Christ Embassy Accra, Ghana and I want to thank our man of God, our pastor, our coach and our father for the opportunity to share my salvation testimony with you. I title it Jesus Called Me. I was born and raised up in a Muslim house, my parents were Muslims. I was trained as a kid to go to Quranic School and on how to lead prayers in the mosque as well. I grew up as a Muslim learning the things that a young Muslim should do. As at that time, my parents had a lot of Christian friends and at the age of five my parents allow me to follow their friends children to church(Sunday school) and that was my first encounter with Christianity. All the things that we were taught at the Sunday school didn’t make sense to me then because I only followed the children to go and play. Then suddenly, my parents stopped me from attending the Sunday school because they had wanted me to focus on their religion which is Islam. They

WHO ARE YOU DATING (for Christian singles)

DON'T DATE A MAN MARELY BECAUSE HE IS CARING AND NICE... LIFE IS SPIRITUAL, Satan can use a nice man to destroy your life, Satan can enter into the heart of a caring man to destroy your destiny, I feel sorry for some Christian sisters, they met a nice guy who takes care of them but HE  DOESNT TAKE SPIRITUAL THINGS SERIOUSLY, HE DOESNT LOVE GOD, HE DOESNT LIKE CHURCH, but he is a nice man, he sends them gifts and money, ITS A TRAP...you are like a fish being decived with a food in the hook, You are joking with your life, That nice man can change overnight and become a monster, you won't belive your eyes.... WHY ??? Because man is a spirit, Therefore his life is controled spiritually, If the spirit of God is not influencing him, Satan is most likely to use him to run his operations, And besides that, not everyone you see in this world is a complete human beign, There are people who work in the bank, they are engineers, doctors, lawyers, politicians, even pastors who are Children

Testimony Of How I Got Born Again. REV TOM AMENKHIENAN. Pastor Chris Led Me To Salvation.

  JESUS LOVES ME! HE HAD MY LIFE ALL PLANNED OUT. I was born into a Roman Catholic family setting, with a strong influence of the Roman Catholic culture running through the entire family because my maternal Grandparents had been very committed and recognized leaders in the Roman Catholic Church. I was baptized and confirmed at an early age and soon enlisted as an Altar Boy (Mass Server). At this early age, the Priests and Reverend Fathers in charge of our local assembly (mostly foreigners, especially from Ireland), deliberately sought to groom, tailor and mentor me in the direction of becoming a Roman Catholic Priest, encouraging me to attend the Seminary once I came of age. I grew up with this background and was indoctrinated in it until I had my first encounter with another Christian Group in my Secondary School days when a group from the Scripture Union organized a fellowship in our school and preached the gospel to me. I attended a few of their fellowship meetings and tried to prac