Skip to main content

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL



HE’S THE GLORY OF OUR LIVES


MONDAY,  AUGUST 28TH 2023 


But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his (Romans 8:9).


The Holy Spirit is the glory of the Father (Romans 6:4). He’s also called the Spirit of glory (1 Peter 4:14). He’s the glory of our lives and the glory of Christianity. You couldn’t know God or love Jesus without the Holy Spirit.


Christians who don’t have the Holy Spirit live as victims in life. They’re buffeted by Satan and vulnerable to the elements of this world. The Apostle Paul emphasized the importance of having the Holy Spirit when he asked certain disciples he met at Ephesus: “…Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed...” (Acts 19:2).


When they answered and said, “…We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost” (Acts 19:2), Paul was stunned. Forthwith, he explained the Scriptures to them and got them to receive the Holy Spirit (Acts 19:3-6).


No one can live the authentic Christian life without the Holy Spirit. The one who’s born again but hasn’t received the Holy Spirit easily falls into temptations and sin; unable to control his fleshly appetites or restrain himself from evil. It’s only through the Holy Spirit that you mortify the deeds of the body and carnal desires: “For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live” (Romans 8:13).


Without the Holy Spirit, you can’t have the character of Christ. Jesus had to have the Holy Spirit. The apostles had to have the Holy Spirit. Life without the Holy Spirit is empty. So, if you’re reading this and you haven’t received the Holy Spirit, do so right away. Simply say, “Blessed Holy Spirit, I receive you into my heart now in the Name of Jesus Christ”; and be filled with the Spirit of God.Amen. Otherwise, you may go to your church Pastor or a trusted and faithful Christian who’s filled with the Holy Spirit to pray for you.


              PRAYER


Lord, I’m grateful for the blessing of being in fellowship with you. You’ve made my life beautiful; thank you for making me ever fruitful and productive. Your glory is revealed in and through me today, and my whole world is impacted and transformed by the glory of your divine presence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.


FURTHER STUDY:

John 14:16-17 AMPC; Acts 19:1-6


1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

1 Corinthians 12 & Psalms 146-150


2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Luke 19:20-27 & 1 Samuel 16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor Biodun Lawal tells a story.

  JESUS CALLED ME! My name is Pastor Biodun Lawal. I am the zonal pastor of Christ Embassy Accra, Ghana and I want to thank our man of God, our pastor, our coach and our father for the opportunity to share my salvation testimony with you. I title it Jesus Called Me. I was born and raised up in a Muslim house, my parents were Muslims. I was trained as a kid to go to Quranic School and on how to lead prayers in the mosque as well. I grew up as a Muslim learning the things that a young Muslim should do. As at that time, my parents had a lot of Christian friends and at the age of five my parents allow me to follow their friends children to church(Sunday school) and that was my first encounter with Christianity. All the things that we were taught at the Sunday school didn’t make sense to me then because I only followed the children to go and play. Then suddenly, my parents stopped me from attending the Sunday school because they had wanted me to focus on their religion which is Islam. They

Testimony Of How I Got Born Again. REV TOM AMENKHIENAN. Pastor Chris Led Me To Salvation.

  JESUS LOVES ME! HE HAD MY LIFE ALL PLANNED OUT. I was born into a Roman Catholic family setting, with a strong influence of the Roman Catholic culture running through the entire family because my maternal Grandparents had been very committed and recognized leaders in the Roman Catholic Church. I was baptized and confirmed at an early age and soon enlisted as an Altar Boy (Mass Server). At this early age, the Priests and Reverend Fathers in charge of our local assembly (mostly foreigners, especially from Ireland), deliberately sought to groom, tailor and mentor me in the direction of becoming a Roman Catholic Priest, encouraging me to attend the Seminary once I came of age. I grew up with this background and was indoctrinated in it until I had my first encounter with another Christian Group in my Secondary School days when a group from the Scripture Union organized a fellowship in our school and preached the gospel to me. I attended a few of their fellowship meetings and tried to prac

WHO ARE YOU DATING (for Christian singles)

DON'T DATE A MAN MARELY BECAUSE HE IS CARING AND NICE... LIFE IS SPIRITUAL, Satan can use a nice man to destroy your life, Satan can enter into the heart of a caring man to destroy your destiny, I feel sorry for some Christian sisters, they met a nice guy who takes care of them but HE  DOESNT TAKE SPIRITUAL THINGS SERIOUSLY, HE DOESNT LOVE GOD, HE DOESNT LIKE CHURCH, but he is a nice man, he sends them gifts and money, ITS A TRAP...you are like a fish being decived with a food in the hook, You are joking with your life, That nice man can change overnight and become a monster, you won't belive your eyes.... WHY ??? Because man is a spirit, Therefore his life is controled spiritually, If the spirit of God is not influencing him, Satan is most likely to use him to run his operations, And besides that, not everyone you see in this world is a complete human beign, There are people who work in the bank, they are engineers, doctors, lawyers, politicians, even pastors who are Children