Skip to main content

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL


 


HONOUR SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY 


Saturday, September 2nd 


Pastor Chris


He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes; Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm (Psalm 105:14-15). 


In Numbers 12:1-16, the Bible tells us how Aaron and Miriam spoke against Moses because of his Cushite wife. They questioned Moses’ authority and claimed that God could also speak through them. God heard their words and called them, along with Moses, to the Tabernacle. 


There, He appeared to them in a pillar of cloud and rebuked Aaron and Miriam, affirming Moses’ unique position as His servant. He declared that, unlike the other prophets that He spoke to through visions and dreams, He spoke to Moses face to face, revealing His glory, and He queried Aaron and Miriam who’d dared to speak against His chosen servant. 


Here’s what I want you to notice as a consequence of their error; the Bible says, “...the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; AND HE DEPARTED” (Numbers 12:9). He gets angry and what does He do? He “walks away!” But here’s the thing: when the presence of God leaves like that, trouble comes. 


There are many people who don’t realize this is what happens to them when they get unruly, create insurrection, become disobedient and dishonour authority in the house of God. They don’t even know when the presence of God leaves. 


It also brings to mind the story of Samson. The Lord was always with him until he disobeyed. When the enemy came, Samson woke up thinking, “...I’ll get loose and go free, as always.” He did not know that the LORD had left him” (Judges 16:20 GNT). The Spirit of God didn’t come on him as He used to, and the enemies got a hold of him and took out his eyes. 


It's important to honour the Lord always, follow His Word and His ways, and never dishonour spiritual authority as Aaron and Miriam did. Don’t speak against God’s ministers; don’t judge them. Remember what the Bible says: “Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand” (Romans 14:4). Hallelujah!


NOW AVAILABLE & ACCESSIBLE! Kindly download the complete PDF copy Rhapsody Of Realities SEPTEMBER Edition for FREE in any language of your choice using this link: http://bit.ly/RhapsodyLingual


               PRAYER


Dear Father, thank you for my leaders and those you’ve placed in positions of authority over me to nurture, train, and bring me up in the path of truth and righteousness. I willingly yield to the guidance and direction they provide by the Spirit. Your nature of love and humility of Christ are manifest in and through me always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.


FURTHER STUDY: || Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that [is] unprofitable for you. || 


|| Romans 13:1-3 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: || 


|| Acts 23:1-5 And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men [and] brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day. 2 And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth. 3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, [thou] whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law? 4 And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest? 5 Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.


IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN BORN AGAIN, RECEIVE YOUR SALVATION NOW...


Join Pastor Chris as he Prays for you and leads you in THE PRAYER OF SALVATION today, 


DAILY SCRIPTURE READING


1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 16:1-24 & Proverbs 10-11


2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 20:19-26 & 1 Samuel 21


EXCERPT FROM: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor Biodun Lawal tells a story.

  JESUS CALLED ME! My name is Pastor Biodun Lawal. I am the zonal pastor of Christ Embassy Accra, Ghana and I want to thank our man of God, our pastor, our coach and our father for the opportunity to share my salvation testimony with you. I title it Jesus Called Me. I was born and raised up in a Muslim house, my parents were Muslims. I was trained as a kid to go to Quranic School and on how to lead prayers in the mosque as well. I grew up as a Muslim learning the things that a young Muslim should do. As at that time, my parents had a lot of Christian friends and at the age of five my parents allow me to follow their friends children to church(Sunday school) and that was my first encounter with Christianity. All the things that we were taught at the Sunday school didn’t make sense to me then because I only followed the children to go and play. Then suddenly, my parents stopped me from attending the Sunday school because they had wanted me to focus on their religion which is Islam. They

Testimony Of How I Got Born Again. REV TOM AMENKHIENAN. Pastor Chris Led Me To Salvation.

  JESUS LOVES ME! HE HAD MY LIFE ALL PLANNED OUT. I was born into a Roman Catholic family setting, with a strong influence of the Roman Catholic culture running through the entire family because my maternal Grandparents had been very committed and recognized leaders in the Roman Catholic Church. I was baptized and confirmed at an early age and soon enlisted as an Altar Boy (Mass Server). At this early age, the Priests and Reverend Fathers in charge of our local assembly (mostly foreigners, especially from Ireland), deliberately sought to groom, tailor and mentor me in the direction of becoming a Roman Catholic Priest, encouraging me to attend the Seminary once I came of age. I grew up with this background and was indoctrinated in it until I had my first encounter with another Christian Group in my Secondary School days when a group from the Scripture Union organized a fellowship in our school and preached the gospel to me. I attended a few of their fellowship meetings and tried to prac

WHO ARE YOU DATING (for Christian singles)

DON'T DATE A MAN MARELY BECAUSE HE IS CARING AND NICE... LIFE IS SPIRITUAL, Satan can use a nice man to destroy your life, Satan can enter into the heart of a caring man to destroy your destiny, I feel sorry for some Christian sisters, they met a nice guy who takes care of them but HE  DOESNT TAKE SPIRITUAL THINGS SERIOUSLY, HE DOESNT LOVE GOD, HE DOESNT LIKE CHURCH, but he is a nice man, he sends them gifts and money, ITS A TRAP...you are like a fish being decived with a food in the hook, You are joking with your life, That nice man can change overnight and become a monster, you won't belive your eyes.... WHY ??? Because man is a spirit, Therefore his life is controled spiritually, If the spirit of God is not influencing him, Satan is most likely to use him to run his operations, And besides that, not everyone you see in this world is a complete human beign, There are people who work in the bank, they are engineers, doctors, lawyers, politicians, even pastors who are Children