Skip to main content

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL




MONDAY AUGUST 05 2024


PREPARING FOR OUR ETERNAL CITY


And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband (Revelation 21:1-2).


PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME


Did you know that the major reason we're in this world is to prepare for another world? This world was never God's final dream. This is the place of preparation. Everything we do here, in this earth, is all in preparation for the eternal city. We will be moved into this eternal city, which will come from God and be planted in the new earth.


God's intention was never for us to relocate to heaven and live there forever. God's plan is to have another city and another earth. The Bible tells us that this current earth will be burnt up—completely destroyed and replaced with a new one—with new heavens over it to regulate its conditions.


There’ll be a city in that new earth where you and I will be with the Lord and His holy angels forever—a massive city. The height of the city is as the length of it; think about that. The height is like the distance of a six-hour flight; that's the distance, both in length as well as in height. What a city! Everybody isn’t going to be there; it’s for only the saints of God.


There’ll be natural men and women who’ll populate the earth outside the city. There’ll be nations of men. The Bible says they will come regularly through the gates of the city to worship the King. But we, the saints, will always be with Him in the city, the New Jerusalem. Hallelujah! That’ll be the headquarters, and we’ll be functioning with Him at the headquarters.


So, your life here on earth is in preparation for that city, that eternal city. Keep working for the Lord. Keep doing what He's asked you to do, and don't be found wanting. Do everything He’s called you to do, and finish it. The most important thing to Him is the human soul. That's why Jesus came. So, keep winning souls and impacting the lives of those in your world with the Gospel. Prepare them to also live eternally with the Lord in our great and eternal city when the time comes.


PRAYER / CONFESSION


Thank you blessed Father for the blessing, privilege and honour of serving you and living soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world as we look forward to the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Thank you for the grace to fulfil your destiny for my life and finish the work that you called me to do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.


FURTHER STUDY


Revelation 3:12; Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.


Revelation 21:1-4  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.


1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN


Romans 8:18-39; Psalms 70-73


2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN


Ephesians 6:1-9; Isaiah 56

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor Biodun Lawal tells a story.

  JESUS CALLED ME! My name is Pastor Biodun Lawal. I am the zonal pastor of Christ Embassy Accra, Ghana and I want to thank our man of God, our pastor, our coach and our father for the opportunity to share my salvation testimony with you. I title it Jesus Called Me. I was born and raised up in a Muslim house, my parents were Muslims. I was trained as a kid to go to Quranic School and on how to lead prayers in the mosque as well. I grew up as a Muslim learning the things that a young Muslim should do. As at that time, my parents had a lot of Christian friends and at the age of five my parents allow me to follow their friends children to church(Sunday school) and that was my first encounter with Christianity. All the things that we were taught at the Sunday school didn’t make sense to me then because I only followed the children to go and play. Then suddenly, my parents stopped me from attending the Sunday school because they had wanted me to focus on their religion which is Islam. They

WHO ARE YOU DATING (for Christian singles)

DON'T DATE A MAN MARELY BECAUSE HE IS CARING AND NICE... LIFE IS SPIRITUAL, Satan can use a nice man to destroy your life, Satan can enter into the heart of a caring man to destroy your destiny, I feel sorry for some Christian sisters, they met a nice guy who takes care of them but HE  DOESNT TAKE SPIRITUAL THINGS SERIOUSLY, HE DOESNT LOVE GOD, HE DOESNT LIKE CHURCH, but he is a nice man, he sends them gifts and money, ITS A TRAP...you are like a fish being decived with a food in the hook, You are joking with your life, That nice man can change overnight and become a monster, you won't belive your eyes.... WHY ??? Because man is a spirit, Therefore his life is controled spiritually, If the spirit of God is not influencing him, Satan is most likely to use him to run his operations, And besides that, not everyone you see in this world is a complete human beign, There are people who work in the bank, they are engineers, doctors, lawyers, politicians, even pastors who are Children

Testimony Of How I Got Born Again. REV TOM AMENKHIENAN. Pastor Chris Led Me To Salvation.

  JESUS LOVES ME! HE HAD MY LIFE ALL PLANNED OUT. I was born into a Roman Catholic family setting, with a strong influence of the Roman Catholic culture running through the entire family because my maternal Grandparents had been very committed and recognized leaders in the Roman Catholic Church. I was baptized and confirmed at an early age and soon enlisted as an Altar Boy (Mass Server). At this early age, the Priests and Reverend Fathers in charge of our local assembly (mostly foreigners, especially from Ireland), deliberately sought to groom, tailor and mentor me in the direction of becoming a Roman Catholic Priest, encouraging me to attend the Seminary once I came of age. I grew up with this background and was indoctrinated in it until I had my first encounter with another Christian Group in my Secondary School days when a group from the Scripture Union organized a fellowship in our school and preached the gospel to me. I attended a few of their fellowship meetings and tried to prac