Skip to main content

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL




THURSDAY, AUGUST 8TH 2024


APPLY THE WORD AND PUT THE SITUATION RIGHT


But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves (James 1:22).


PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME 


Did you know that today, in the New Testament, it’s no longer a question of what God can do but what YOU can do? He made the change in Christ and gave us the dominion, the authority and the power to change anything. So it’s up to you today to make your life as glorious as you want it to be; the key is acting on the Word—applying the Word of God.


Many have remained in distressing conditions because they’re “waiting” for God to come into their situation and change things. Even if you shout or sing from sun up to sun down that God will make a way where there is no way, this won’t change your situation. That’s because He already made a way almost two thousand years ago and made you “the way” when you were born again. 


You’re not just the saved; you need to get the real picture. He calls us “saviours” (Obadiah 1:21); He saved you and made you a saviour. Many of God’s children need to become more acquainted with this truth. They’re inspired and excited to know what God can do, but they need to be more acquainted with what God says they can do.


The ball is in your court. You’re the one to do something about your situation. How? By learning the Word of God and applying it to the situation you’re facing. When you study the life of the Master, His words, His prayer life, and the instructions He gave, He never suggested for one moment that we should whine, beg and cry to God for anything.


Rather, He put the keys in our hands. He told us to speak to the mountain; in other words, solve the problem; use your mouth; speak faith-filled words. Mark 11:23, “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.”


PRAYER / CONFESSION


Dear Father, thank you for the authority and power you've given me to change any situation through your Word. I’m a doer of your Word, and with my faith-filled words I alter circumstances and cause them to align with your perfect will for my life. I apply your Word effectively in every circumstance, and I walk in victory always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.


FURTHER STUDY


James 1:22-25; But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.


Mark 9:23; Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.


Joshua 1:8 AMPC This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good [a]success.


1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN


Romans 11:1-24; Psalms 79-81


2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN


Philippians 1:1-8; Isaiah 59

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor Biodun Lawal tells a story.

  JESUS CALLED ME! My name is Pastor Biodun Lawal. I am the zonal pastor of Christ Embassy Accra, Ghana and I want to thank our man of God, our pastor, our coach and our father for the opportunity to share my salvation testimony with you. I title it Jesus Called Me. I was born and raised up in a Muslim house, my parents were Muslims. I was trained as a kid to go to Quranic School and on how to lead prayers in the mosque as well. I grew up as a Muslim learning the things that a young Muslim should do. As at that time, my parents had a lot of Christian friends and at the age of five my parents allow me to follow their friends children to church(Sunday school) and that was my first encounter with Christianity. All the things that we were taught at the Sunday school didn’t make sense to me then because I only followed the children to go and play. Then suddenly, my parents stopped me from attending the Sunday school because they had wanted me to focus on their religion which is Islam. They

WHO ARE YOU DATING (for Christian singles)

DON'T DATE A MAN MARELY BECAUSE HE IS CARING AND NICE... LIFE IS SPIRITUAL, Satan can use a nice man to destroy your life, Satan can enter into the heart of a caring man to destroy your destiny, I feel sorry for some Christian sisters, they met a nice guy who takes care of them but HE  DOESNT TAKE SPIRITUAL THINGS SERIOUSLY, HE DOESNT LOVE GOD, HE DOESNT LIKE CHURCH, but he is a nice man, he sends them gifts and money, ITS A TRAP...you are like a fish being decived with a food in the hook, You are joking with your life, That nice man can change overnight and become a monster, you won't belive your eyes.... WHY ??? Because man is a spirit, Therefore his life is controled spiritually, If the spirit of God is not influencing him, Satan is most likely to use him to run his operations, And besides that, not everyone you see in this world is a complete human beign, There are people who work in the bank, they are engineers, doctors, lawyers, politicians, even pastors who are Children

Testimony Of How I Got Born Again. REV TOM AMENKHIENAN. Pastor Chris Led Me To Salvation.

  JESUS LOVES ME! HE HAD MY LIFE ALL PLANNED OUT. I was born into a Roman Catholic family setting, with a strong influence of the Roman Catholic culture running through the entire family because my maternal Grandparents had been very committed and recognized leaders in the Roman Catholic Church. I was baptized and confirmed at an early age and soon enlisted as an Altar Boy (Mass Server). At this early age, the Priests and Reverend Fathers in charge of our local assembly (mostly foreigners, especially from Ireland), deliberately sought to groom, tailor and mentor me in the direction of becoming a Roman Catholic Priest, encouraging me to attend the Seminary once I came of age. I grew up with this background and was indoctrinated in it until I had my first encounter with another Christian Group in my Secondary School days when a group from the Scripture Union organized a fellowship in our school and preached the gospel to me. I attended a few of their fellowship meetings and tried to prac