Skip to main content

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL




TUESDAY, DECEMBER 26TH 2023


JESUS—GOD’S WORD MANIFEST IN FLESH


He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not (John 1:10).


PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME 


John 1:14 says, “And the Word became flesh...” (NKJV). In essence, the Word changed form and became manifest in the flesh, and that’s Jesus! Where was Jesus before He was born in Bethlehem? He was in God as God’s Word. For example, your words right now are in you until you speak them forth.


Words are thoughts clothed with vocabulary. When you speak, you speak your thoughts. Your thoughts are clothed with language so someone else can understand. So, your thoughts reside within you until you express them in words.


When you’re thinking about something, nobody else can discern your thoughts; they remain concealed within your heart. However, when you speak, your words become tangible and can be captured in time. This is why we can record your voice and replay it later. Five years down the line, someone can hear what you said, but it was hidden in your heart until you uttered it.


Imagine if your words, once captured in time, could step out of a computer or a recorder and materialize as the very things you said. This is precisely what God did through Jesus Christ. Jesus became the embodiment of God’s will, a revelation of His divine purpose and the manifestation of His boundless love.


If you wanted to understand what God is like, you only needed to look at Jesus. He declared, “I and my Father are one” (John 10:30). And He consistently performed the works and spoke the words that emanated from the Father. In essence, Jesus was the living expression of God’s Word.


It’s quite common for people to be puzzled by certain aspects of Jesus’ life, such as when God spoke from heaven during His baptism. So, they say, “If Jesus was the manifestation of God, how come, when He was being baptized, God spoke from heaven?”


God’s nature and capabilities are far beyond our understanding. We can draw a parallel from modern technology: when I preach from a particular location, anywhere in the world, my voice is heard in every known country and territory on earth and in multiple languages. If that is possible in this world, then think about what God can do! His ability to speak from heaven while Jesus was on earth transcends human limitations.


             PRAYER


Lord Jesus, you’re the God of heaven and earth; you pre-existed creation, and by you, all things exist and consist. I honour you, for you’re the embodiment of wisdom, grace and truth; the only true God! Thank you for giving me a life of victory, success, prosperity and divine health. I love you forever.


FURTHER STUDY:


John 1:1-4 NKJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.


John 1:10-14 NKJV He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. 


DAILY SCRIPTURE READING


1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 18 & Zechariah 4-6


2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 4:1-12 & Ezra 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor Biodun Lawal tells a story.

  JESUS CALLED ME! My name is Pastor Biodun Lawal. I am the zonal pastor of Christ Embassy Accra, Ghana and I want to thank our man of God, our pastor, our coach and our father for the opportunity to share my salvation testimony with you. I title it Jesus Called Me. I was born and raised up in a Muslim house, my parents were Muslims. I was trained as a kid to go to Quranic School and on how to lead prayers in the mosque as well. I grew up as a Muslim learning the things that a young Muslim should do. As at that time, my parents had a lot of Christian friends and at the age of five my parents allow me to follow their friends children to church(Sunday school) and that was my first encounter with Christianity. All the things that we were taught at the Sunday school didn’t make sense to me then because I only followed the children to go and play. Then suddenly, my parents stopped me from attending the Sunday school because they had wanted me to focus on their religion which is Islam. They

Testimony Of How I Got Born Again. REV TOM AMENKHIENAN. Pastor Chris Led Me To Salvation.

  JESUS LOVES ME! HE HAD MY LIFE ALL PLANNED OUT. I was born into a Roman Catholic family setting, with a strong influence of the Roman Catholic culture running through the entire family because my maternal Grandparents had been very committed and recognized leaders in the Roman Catholic Church. I was baptized and confirmed at an early age and soon enlisted as an Altar Boy (Mass Server). At this early age, the Priests and Reverend Fathers in charge of our local assembly (mostly foreigners, especially from Ireland), deliberately sought to groom, tailor and mentor me in the direction of becoming a Roman Catholic Priest, encouraging me to attend the Seminary once I came of age. I grew up with this background and was indoctrinated in it until I had my first encounter with another Christian Group in my Secondary School days when a group from the Scripture Union organized a fellowship in our school and preached the gospel to me. I attended a few of their fellowship meetings and tried to prac

WHO ARE YOU DATING (for Christian singles)

DON'T DATE A MAN MARELY BECAUSE HE IS CARING AND NICE... LIFE IS SPIRITUAL, Satan can use a nice man to destroy your life, Satan can enter into the heart of a caring man to destroy your destiny, I feel sorry for some Christian sisters, they met a nice guy who takes care of them but HE  DOESNT TAKE SPIRITUAL THINGS SERIOUSLY, HE DOESNT LOVE GOD, HE DOESNT LIKE CHURCH, but he is a nice man, he sends them gifts and money, ITS A TRAP...you are like a fish being decived with a food in the hook, You are joking with your life, That nice man can change overnight and become a monster, you won't belive your eyes.... WHY ??? Because man is a spirit, Therefore his life is controled spiritually, If the spirit of God is not influencing him, Satan is most likely to use him to run his operations, And besides that, not everyone you see in this world is a complete human beign, There are people who work in the bank, they are engineers, doctors, lawyers, politicians, even pastors who are Children