Skip to main content

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL




WEDNESDAY, 4TH OCTOBER 2023


CHOOSE TO WIN


I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live (Deuteronomy  30:19).


PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME 


One important choice you have to make in life is to always win. Choose to win. When you choose to win, nothing in the world will be able to stop you. But the first thing is for you to make that decision, because not everyone chooses to win.


Some people go through life just hoping things will turn out right; they don't consciously think about winning. Such people say, "Well, if I'm lucky, I will make it". No! Don't wait for luck. God's children don't hope for luck or walk by luck; we walk in the grace and blessings of God.


Some others say, "I won't choose anything, win or lose." If you don't choose to win, you have chosen to fail. How can you help others if you don't choose to win? The world has more poor people than rich people, and more suffering people than those who are sound and prosperous. If you're not prosperous, you can't help others to become prosperous.


It's only people who are up that can help those who are down to come up. So, where do you want to be in life? What side of the street do you want to live? I found out from the Scriptures that God gave us the right to choose, and also points out the right and the best option for us to choose.


Notice that in our opening verse, He didn't say, "Choose whichever one you think is okay "; no! He shows us what's better and tells us to choose it. You can choose to win at whatever stage you are in life.


Are you a student? Do you work or own a business? Make the choice to be the best and achieve the highest height of success possible. God will take you from one step to another in an upward and forward journey of success.


                PRAYER


Dear Father, I choose to walk in your ways and align my thoughts, words and actions with your will. I'm not governed by luck or chance; rather, I walk in the path of victory, promotion, strength, health and excellence, as i navigate my way through life with your Word, to the praise and glory of your Name. Amen.


FURTHER STUDY:

Deuteronomy 30:19 AMPC;  I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live


1 Samuel 17:32-37 And David said to Saul, Let no man's heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine. 33 And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth. 34 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock: 35 And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him. 36 Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God. 37 David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with thee.


DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:

Philippians 2:19-3:11 & Isaiah 38:39 


2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:

John 3:22-36 & 1 Kings 9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor Biodun Lawal tells a story.

  JESUS CALLED ME! My name is Pastor Biodun Lawal. I am the zonal pastor of Christ Embassy Accra, Ghana and I want to thank our man of God, our pastor, our coach and our father for the opportunity to share my salvation testimony with you. I title it Jesus Called Me. I was born and raised up in a Muslim house, my parents were Muslims. I was trained as a kid to go to Quranic School and on how to lead prayers in the mosque as well. I grew up as a Muslim learning the things that a young Muslim should do. As at that time, my parents had a lot of Christian friends and at the age of five my parents allow me to follow their friends children to church(Sunday school) and that was my first encounter with Christianity. All the things that we were taught at the Sunday school didn’t make sense to me then because I only followed the children to go and play. Then suddenly, my parents stopped me from attending the Sunday school because they had wanted me to focus on their religion which is Islam. They

Testimony Of How I Got Born Again. REV TOM AMENKHIENAN. Pastor Chris Led Me To Salvation.

  JESUS LOVES ME! HE HAD MY LIFE ALL PLANNED OUT. I was born into a Roman Catholic family setting, with a strong influence of the Roman Catholic culture running through the entire family because my maternal Grandparents had been very committed and recognized leaders in the Roman Catholic Church. I was baptized and confirmed at an early age and soon enlisted as an Altar Boy (Mass Server). At this early age, the Priests and Reverend Fathers in charge of our local assembly (mostly foreigners, especially from Ireland), deliberately sought to groom, tailor and mentor me in the direction of becoming a Roman Catholic Priest, encouraging me to attend the Seminary once I came of age. I grew up with this background and was indoctrinated in it until I had my first encounter with another Christian Group in my Secondary School days when a group from the Scripture Union organized a fellowship in our school and preached the gospel to me. I attended a few of their fellowship meetings and tried to prac

WHO ARE YOU DATING (for Christian singles)

DON'T DATE A MAN MARELY BECAUSE HE IS CARING AND NICE... LIFE IS SPIRITUAL, Satan can use a nice man to destroy your life, Satan can enter into the heart of a caring man to destroy your destiny, I feel sorry for some Christian sisters, they met a nice guy who takes care of them but HE  DOESNT TAKE SPIRITUAL THINGS SERIOUSLY, HE DOESNT LOVE GOD, HE DOESNT LIKE CHURCH, but he is a nice man, he sends them gifts and money, ITS A TRAP...you are like a fish being decived with a food in the hook, You are joking with your life, That nice man can change overnight and become a monster, you won't belive your eyes.... WHY ??? Because man is a spirit, Therefore his life is controled spiritually, If the spirit of God is not influencing him, Satan is most likely to use him to run his operations, And besides that, not everyone you see in this world is a complete human beign, There are people who work in the bank, they are engineers, doctors, lawyers, politicians, even pastors who are Children