Skip to main content

𝗗𝗒𝗑'𝗧 π—₯π—”π—œπ—¦π—˜ 𝗬𝗒𝗨π—₯ π—žπ—œπ——π—¦ 𝗧𝗒 π—•π—˜ π—§π—œπ— π—œπ——


_(Pastor Chris’ experience with a “Pretty Girl” and getting into a physical fight with his friend) — Funny, long but learn…_

πŸ”˜ There are many people around the world have been raised that way? They're raised to be timid without realizing they're timid. Because when they were growing up, the parents never seeded them with the seeds of greatness. 

πŸ”˜ The parents or the guardians never let them know that they were somebody, that they could stand for themselves. They always compared them to the fellow outside. 

“Look at your mates. Look at that neighbor's son. Look at my neighbor's daughter. Why aren't you acting like that?” 

πŸ”˜ And they always thought as they were growing up that the other guy was better than they were. Because those at home never affirmed them. Those at home never praised them. Those at home never talked about them like they were something.

πŸ”˜ Always about "look at your mate. Look at that person over there. Look at that guy across the street.” 

πŸ”˜ And so we were growing up timid without realizing we were timid. We were growing up thinking about the other fellow better than me, without realizing it. They seeded us with the wrong seeds. And no wonder we grew up trying to be like them, trying to be accepted by them.

πŸ”˜ But look at that other fellow whose father taught him that he was somebody. He's the one leading the young guys in the streets. Even though his father was poor, even though they had nothing, his father seeded him with the right seeds, telling him he was somebody.

πŸ”˜ Now he's a crook, but he's a gang leader. And he might be the smallest in the bunch, but he's leading everybody. Because he believes he's somebody. He doesn't even have the strength. He looks small without the muscles. But yet, he's got a strong heart. He's got leadership. Look at all the fellows who are following him. It's amazing.

_π“π‘πž 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐆𝐒𝐫π₯:_

πŸ”˜ When I was in the primary school, we had two schools. There was the morning group and then there was the afternoon group, okay? The morning school and then there was a school that came in the afternoon. So when we closed about one o'clock, there's another class waiting to come take our class, all right? Because they belong in another structure.

πŸ”˜ So, in our class, they're talking about some things. And I got in among, you know, my classmates. And, you know, young guys talking about girls and guys. Who's who's friend. And they were talking about all these things. 

πŸ”˜ Then they talked about one very pretty girl. And then they said something about who was her boyfriend. And the way they talked about those ones, I thought I'd like to meet them. At least just maybe I'd like to see them.


πŸ”˜ And they were going to take our class when we closed. So I'm waiting to know this girl, and I'd like to know who the guy is. Maybe I could take his place. Anyway, it was time to close, and the students outside were waiting to come in, and there was the girl, and she was beautiful. 

Wow. I thought, “Who is that stupid boy?”

πŸ”˜ So, I'm waiting to know. And finally, I see the guy. He's rough. He's, you know, he's got all these other friends around him, and he seems to be controlling all of them. But he's smallish. The girl's even taller than he is.

And I thought, “Look at the rascal.” 

πŸ”˜ But I saw something with that little guy. Even though he was small like that, I didn't even think I could even come close.

πŸ”˜ Why? Because he had more confidence than I had in myself just seeing the guy. There was no other way he could have that girl except by being tough. That's all he had. And guess what? I was watching them. One day, the guy was saying something, and he went, “poah,” slapped her. I thought, “Maybe that was my chance to come to the rescue, you know?” But the guy had a gang. So I just had to find my way and get out of there.

πŸ”˜ See, what I'm saying is this. You may have grown up with the wrong orientation without realizing it, without confidence.

_π“π‘πž 𝐅𝐒𝐠𝐑𝐭:_

πŸ”˜ I told you a story. A friend of mine and I, we were angry with each other, and we said we're going to fight. Now, we're in secondary school,

πŸ”˜ We were good friends. But this day, we were angry with each other, and we dared each other. 

We said, “Let's go and fight.” 

πŸ”˜ And we're going to fight to the finish.

πŸ”˜ Now, imagine nobody else is with us, just two of us. We have been best of friends. We were friends who were competitors. And now we're angry with each other, and we're thinking the best place to fight, where nobody will see us, we'll fight to the death. And guess what? I said Yes! So let's go.

πŸ”˜ And we said we're going to what we used to call the third field.

— Now the first field, a lot of people played sports. 

— The second field, few people went there. 

— The third field, you hardly saw anybody there. That's far away. 

We said, “Let's go there. We will fight to the finish.”

πŸ”˜ And both of us were walking beside each other. We're going to fight. You know how kids think. So we're going. And all the time in my mind, I couldn't understand why this guy was so confident. I thought all the time we were talking, he'll give up. Now he's not giving up, and I'm thinking, he might just kill me then.

πŸ”˜ And I'm really afraid now. But I'm not saying it out, and I'm hoping he's afraid. Then we arrive at the third field, and we stand before each other. Now we start the whole thing all over again. And then he pushes me and I push him back. And now he's set.

πŸ”˜ So, in my mind, I'm hoping somebody will come and rescue me.

“Dear God, why did I accept this?”

πŸ”˜ If he found out I had no confidence, this would be real trouble. Okay, we're bouncing around, and I don't have the confidence to throw the punches, you know, and I'm bouncing around all the time hoping somebody will show up.

πŸ”˜ Finally, I see somebody coming, and I'm like,

 “When are you gonna say something?”

πŸ”˜ You know, finally says, “Hey, you.” I thought, “Yes! Yes!”

⭐Because you see, I was growing up without confidence in myself. I was afraid to get punched. No confidence.

πŸ”˜ My confidence came when I received the Holy Spirit. My life changed. Hallelujah.

πŸ”˜ I never thought I would be a leader of anything. I couldn't have. I couldn't even lead my younger ones. I couldn't have. So my parents didn't have much confidence in me. They didn't think I was going to amount to much. Because I didn't have confidence. I wasn't a strong character.

πŸ”˜ Sometimes I read about people who think that if you have some talents, some signs that you'll be a good leader, this and this will be present in your life. I didn't have any of those things. So naturally, I'm on my way, maybe, to the general class, to be a nobody. Maybe I was headed that way. Just didn't think anything. And I didn't know anything was wrong or missing. It was just me.

πŸ”˜But when I received the Holy Spirit, my life changed. I now had a vision. I now had a purpose. And I had a direction in my life.

πŸ”˜ The guys I couldn't talk to, I faced them. I had no fear anymore. I used to be so afraid of so many things. My fear has dissipated. I no longer feared anything. It was amazing, but it was a miracle.

πŸ”˜ I became confident of life, confident of the future, confident in myself and my relationship with God. Everything changed. And that's, you know, that's many years ago. It's been so ever since. Hallelujah.

π†πŽπƒ 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 π˜πŽπ”πŸ™

Click on the link below to study the message: To miss church services isn't the best for you by Pastor Chris.
πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

π——π—œπ—— 𝗖𝗛𝗨π—₯𝗖𝗛 π—¨π—¦π—˜ 𝗬𝗒𝗨? ~π—₯π—˜π—© π—žπ—˜π—‘ π—’π—¬π—”π—žπ—›π—œπ—Ÿπ—’π— π—˜.

  You served in the media arm, learnt how to record, capture and edit, now you edit for Nollywood and make money from it... 𝗗𝗢𝗱 π—°π—΅π˜‚π—Ώπ—°π—΅ π˜‚π˜€π—² π˜†π—Όπ˜‚? You served in the choir, you were corrected severally by your choir director who almost gave up on you till you gradually started learning to sing, sustain keys, compose songs even do the slurs and dynamics... now you have released your album...! 𝗗𝗢𝗱 π—°π—΅π˜‚π—Ώπ—°π—΅ π˜‚π˜€π—² π˜†π—Όπ˜‚? You served in the sound department, learnt to produce good sound, it has become your skill and you even make money from it... 𝗗𝗢𝗱 π—°π—΅π˜‚π—Ώπ—°π—΅ π˜‚π˜€π—² π˜†π—Όπ˜‚? You served a Pastor, from cleaning his shoes and carrying his Bible to becoming his assistant pastor, now you have your work, you’re impacting your world and fulfilling your God-given purpose and destiny...  π——𝗢𝗱 π—°π—΅π˜‚π—Ώπ—°π—΅ π˜‚π˜€π—² π˜†π—Όπ˜‚? Let’s get it right! It's wrong to say: ”the church is using me!”. That's the tune of some unwise Christians. In the first place, it is always a pr...

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

MONDAY, 14TH JULY 2025 THE VIRGIN BIRTH CONFIRMS HIS DEITY   Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us  (Matthew 1:23). PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME    When we say Jesus Christ is deity, we’re affirmingthat He is God. This claim is significant, especially when you consider that many around the world view Jesus merely as a prophet or a great teacher. While it may seem respectful for some to call Him a great prophet or a remarkable teacher, these assertions fall far short of His true identity.    That’s the reason it’s important to understand who He really is by first examining the miracle of His birth. TheBible describes His birth as extraordinary, something that had never occurred in all of history. Matthew 1:18 says, “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with c...

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

 THURSDAY, JULY 31TH 2025 OUR UNIQUE ASSIGNMENTS IN THE MILLENNIUM Behold, a king shall reign in righteousness, and princes shall rule in judgment. And a man shall be as an hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land (Isaiah 32:1-2). PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME  Our theme scripture is prophetic about the Millennium. The latter part alludes to the unique role we (the Church) would be playing in the millennial reign, when Israel takes center stage. The millennial reign of Christ is not for the Church. It’s for Israel. So, what are we, the Church, going to be doing then? We're going to be carrying out angelic assignments. Our role at the millennial reign of Christ is very different from what a lot of people think; it’s going to be much like what the angels do today in ministering for us. In that day, the Jews will walk in the Millennial blessings that characterize the life of the saints wh...